Followers

Saturday 26 January 2013

Playing with water colours and mirror board

 Good morning to you all . This morning i'm sharing with you 2 of my latest makes using my water colour pencils for the first time. I had great fun using them and the effects i think have turned out great . How ever i havn't had the courage to add water to them so have left them just coloured as pencils . Will have to experiment soon !!!

 My 1st card is using a Digi from Lacy Sunshine  " Eleanor and Pickles popcorn time " And being a new Sunshine Girl for Lacy Sun shine what other images would i use lol .
They are just 2 of the wonderful characters you will find at the shop . . I used bight colours to colour the image so thought i would have to follow the colours to create my card . The colours i used were bright pink and lime green and found they work really well together .

 With the colours in mind i decided that i would make the card stand out more by playing around with some mirror card , which i used to frame and embellish my card. The final touch was some bright pink ribbon . I think its turned out a bit fab and funky ...What do you think ?? 

My 2nd Card is also a stamp from 
" Eleanor and Pickles a mammoth ride "

 This card i really wanted to show off the image so i have not made it to fussy but have again used mirror card to bring in some shine .
The image was coloured with my water colour pencils and i found it was really easy to get a fur like effect on the mammoth .



I added a simple greeting which was made on the computer and as before just limited embellishment cut from some mirror board .

Thank you all for popping by and hope you all have a wonderful week end .

Luv and Hugs 
Your Sunshine Girl
Caroline  
xXx



14 comments:

  1. Two great cards, take the plunge and get the water out!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline, 2 fabulous creations, you have done a brilliant job with the watercolour pencils.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both absolutely fabulous Caroline! Hard to fail with such wonderful digis, isn't it? Couldn't pick a fav if I tried...so I won't, lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Caroline, these are absolutely stunning. Loving the mirri card die cuts they look amazing.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are fantastic Caroline, you have done such a brilliant job with the pencils. I love the pink and lime colourway, it really suits the image. You've given the mammoth a really textured look and the dies are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards, Caroline, love them both equally :-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Caroline, love your colouring, great job, love that Mammoth, makes me want to watch "Ice Age", love and hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your choice of bright pink and lime green for your first card, and your experimentation with your new pencils has worked out very well indeed. I love the colours you've chosen for your second card as well, but there again I always do love those shades of purple. And the characters you've chosen are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sunshine girl, your creations are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards Caroline, you've done a great job with the pencils

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards with fabulous images, loving the die cuts and layouts too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete